During national Apprenticeship Week, we’re taking a look inside Ideal Energy’s electrical apprenticeship program and the careers that are reshaping our energy future
Building a career in America’s clean energy workforce
In the electrical field there’s a very specific path by which apprentices gain certification, become certified electrical “Journeymen,” and potentially Master Electricians. This process is easy to get into, but can seem intimidating without the right support and guidance. That’s why Ideal Energy has developed an apprenticeship program and offers support to our outstanding employees who are looking to advance a career in renewable energy.
Our Apprenticeship Program:
- Trains a skilled workforce for solar – one of the fastest growing sectors of the American economy
- Supports entry-level and experienced electrical apprentices through their certification process
- Provides competitive pay alongside expertise and training to apprentices to during their certifications
- Gives apprentices the opportunity to gain experience with cutting-edge renewable energy solutions alongside classical electrical skills
- Fosters success as an Journeyman in a highly marketable and limitless trade
Why become an Elecetrical Apprentice?
Celebrating the Ideal Energy Electrical Teams
Brian Robbins, Master Electrician
He started at Ideal Energy in 2013 with some electrical apprenticeship hours under his belt, but needed to complete is electrical coursework and on-the-job training hours before he could become a Journeyman.
Brian became the first participant in Ideal Energy’s apprenticeship program, and is now a Master Electrician. His NABCEP Certification – the gold standard of electrical certifications – was also attained along the way. In addition to overseeing all electrical teams at Ideal Energy, Brian now supervises our growing apprenticeship program.
High demand charges?
Work with an Ideal Energy expert to discover how battery energy storage systems can help.