Ideal Energy is a Veteran-Owned, Iowa-based solar energy company, delivering affordable, turnkey solutions to the Midwest & beyond.
Founded in 2009, Ideal Energy is Iowa’s pioneering solar company. Our significant installation experience, comprehensive portfolio, and innovative financing have made us a qualified leader in the Midwest. Ideal Energy’s in-house design, construction and service teams manage all aspects of our solar installations with professional engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services.
Our expertise is demonstrated in the quality of our system design and construction, verified solar production, optimized system integration, and satisfied customers. Our company is committed to providing forward-thinking solar solutions, outstanding service, and the highest quality of construction available in the solar industry today.
We believe in the power of solar energy to provide affordable electricity to homes, businesses, and communities, and contribute to creating a vibrant, sustainable planet.
Our mission is to increase the sustainability, vitality and security of our planet using clean, renewable energy.
From the Founder
I firmly believe in the power of clean energy to transform our world. In 2006, I returned home to the Midwest after spending 12+ years serving in the US Navy SEAL teams and working elite security details in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. I was intimately aware of the issues surrounding carbon-based energy sources, and wanted to pursue energy alternatives that could increase global security and create a healthier planet. This became my mission.
When we incorporated Ideal Energy in 2009, we were among the first dedicated solar energy firms in Iowa. We saw a tremendous resource in the Heartland’s abundant sun and Iowa’s solar industry was just beginning with a few small demonstration projects across the state. We saw the opportunity to bring solar technology to the forefront and participate in building the industry from the ground up.
We created Ideal Energy with one mission in mind, to increase the sustainability, vitality and security of our planet using clean, renewable energy. With the goal of participating in building a lasting, secure solar industry, our motivation was simple:
Be part of the solution. Make it affordable. Make the process effortless.
Be professional. Use the best & most reliable technologies available.
Assist our friends, families and communities in achieving greater security through solar energy.
I’m proud to say that today Ideal Energy has grown into one of the leading solar companies in the Midwest, installing clean solar energy systems for residents, businesses, farms, communities, and utilities. From our headquarters in Fairfield, Iowa, we engineer, design, deploy and maintain the Midwest’s highest quality solar installations. We’re excited to see more solar popping up in more locations every day. Solar energy is changing our lives and the way our world is powered.
We’re committed to this industry because of the positive effects we see from it- the cumulative effect of carbon emission reductions, contributing to creating greater resource security, the power to bring communities together, and the opportunity for economic growth that creates a more vibrant world. I invite you to join us on this journey.
Troy Van Beek
Founder & CEO
At Ideal Energy, we look beyond traditional measurements of profitability. We measure our success through our customer’s satisfaction, the impact we have on the environment, our ability to work harmoniously as a team, and our contribution to our local community.
- We view our team as family, collectively work together to meet company goals, and treat our coworkers with respect.
- We value clear, open and honest communication.
- We celebrate our successes, but take responsibility for our mistakes, learn from them, and create solutions as a result.
- We believe in unfolding the creative potential of each individual team member and encourage confident, creative problem solving.
- We focus on building strong relationships both internally as a team and externally with our customers and vendors.
- We believe that attaining greater sustainability is a group effort, and involves working harmoniously to find solutions with vendors, customers, communities, utility companies, and government officials.
Exceeding Customer Expectations
- Our goal is to exceed our customer’s expectations every step of the way.
- We have transparent communications with our clients and promptly respond to customer service needs.
- Our customers are our family. We look after their property as if it were our own.
Creating Affordable Solar Solutions
- Our goal is to make clean energy accessible and affordable for any project size.
- We’re eternal students, frequently reviewing and refining our approach to further streamline our process and eliminate unnecessary waste.
- We educate ourselves constantly on upcoming incentives and financial opportunities that will add value to our customers ROI’s.
Safety & Quality Workmanship
- We take great pride in the quality of our work and stand behind our products and installations.
- We engineer our systems to the highest standards, accounting for harsh weather conditions such as hail and high winds.
- We invest in the training and education of our team so that we can continue to offer leading products and service.
- We install tier 1 products, which boast the best system performance and durability. Our products have the longest lifecycle and warranties available in the industry today.
We Are Creative Thinkers & Embrace Change
- We’re a team of trailblazers. We’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- We embrace change, and rise to the occasion with the creative solutions.
- We are resolved to learning, growing, and improving our process every day.
We’re Doing Our Part
- Making the world a better place is our business, and we’re passionate about what we do.
- We contribute finances and volunteer hours to complete projects that make our local community more vibrant and economically resilient.
- We believe in the power of clean energy. We’re here for the long haul.
We’re dedicated to transforming our home-base community of Fairfield, IA into a thriving, sustainable urban habitat through job creation & sustainability efforts. Ideal Energy serves on the Mayor’s Go Green Commission for the City of Fairfield, and helped author the Strategic Go Green Plan for the City of Fairfield.
We continually participate in a range of our city’s projects, and help fund clean energy initiatives like solarizing our local public library.
Veteran Owned & Operated
Ideal Energy Inc. is a certified SDVOSB and is located in the Veteran business database at www.VetBiz.gov, in the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA), Center for Veteran Enterprise, Service Disabled Veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB). Ideal Energy is capable to receive Veteran-owned Small Business Development contracts.