Ideal Energy is hiring several Solar Installers to join our team for the 2018 construction season. No previous solar experience necessary, on-site job training will be provided. Construction and/or roofing experience a plus. Must be okay with heights, intense physical labor, and work well with a dynamic team.
In this position, the Solar Installer will coordinate with Project Managers and Team Leads while working side by side with other crew members to review project plans and install all photovoltaic system components. The overall goal of the Solar Installer is to achieve completion of the project with the highest level of safety, quality, efficiency and conformance to plans and specifications.
This is a seasonal position with potential for advancement and career training.
This position requires travel.
- Arrive at the shop early morning ready to work. Weather permitting, some works days are 10-12 hrs
- Coordinate with Project Manager, Warehouse Manager, and Team Leads to ensure that all parts, pieces, and tools required for the day are adequately supplied in trucks
- Pre-assemble job components
- Work with crew members to install arrays within established timelines throughout Midwest service territory
- Assemble solar array racking, mounting hardware, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative equipment
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues
- Communicate with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and concerns to the best of your ability
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body
- Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: heat, snow, rain, wind, etc)
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Capability to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Experience in construction or installing photovoltaic systems preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exercises a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor
- Thrive in a team environment
Tel (800) 634 4454
Local (641) 209 3288
Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm CT